this would help
Kurt Cobb at Resource Insights has put together a list of things to do with our without peak oil. In other words, these are double threat proposals - universally useful.
Go check out the reasoning.
1. Convert to organic agriculture and grow as much of our food locally as possible.
2. Relocalize daily living, work and commerce.
3. Vastly expand public transportation.
4. Convert to non-polluting, renewable energy sources.
5. Seek to stabilize and then gradually reduce world population.
6. Vastly increase the efficiency of industry.
7. Lead fully engaged lives every day.